The Catholic Health Commission (CHC) of the Diocese of Chikwawa is one of the main Commissions under the Social Services Directorate of the diocese, and is an arm of the Episcopal Conference of Malawi. Its main function is to oversee all Catholic Health facilities and enhance the provision of equitable health services in the Diocese of Chikwawa. The Catholic Health Commission, therefore, seeks to engage the services of a well experienced, highly motivated and suitably qualified person of Malawi origin to fill the following position tenable at St Martin`s Health Centre, Molere Thyolo. St Martin`s Health Centre is affiliated to Christian Health Association of Malawi. It is located about 30km from Thyolo Boma.
|(1) Position:||Senior Nursing Sister (Grade J)|
|Reports to:||Health Centre in Charge|
Duties and responsibilities
- Preparing health tips and talks to patients.
- Preparing duty roasters.
- Supervising junior staff and Nurses in maternity (Labour Ward).
- Supervising recording of data in relevant registers
- Any other duties that may be deemed reasonable for the post.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
• University Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery from a reputable academic institution Registered with the Nurses and Midwives’ Council of Malawi
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a practicing Nurse, preferably in a government or CHAM setting plus managerial roles of supervising fellow Nurses.
Remuneration and Mode of Application
CHAM remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
If you believe you meet the above requirements, submit your application letter, up-to-date curriculum vitae and copies of certificates and names of three traceable referees to the address below indicating the position applied for. Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 18th February, 2022 and only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
The Director of Social Services
Diocese of Chikwawa
PO Box 162
Diocese of Chikwawa is an equal employer and qualified women are encouraged to apply.