- Called Kalemba after its patron saint
- It was established in 1967
- This is the first parish in Nsanje district as you move further down the southern tip of the country.
- The terrain for this parish is generally flat which makes it very easy to access the outchurches except during the rainy season for most of its road are seasonal earth roads.
- A greater percentage of the Christian population depends on subsistence farming.
- Its main challenge is flooding as it is close to a big confluence of two big rivers of Shire and Ruo
- The parish has a population of 9012 catholics.
The parish priest is Fr Henry Biriwita assisted by Fr Mostein Tengani
Previous Post: Posted on Chikwawa parish